- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Cinnamon-breasted Tody-tyrant
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Cinnamon-breasted Tody-tyrant (Hemitriccus cinnamomeipectus): uplist to Vulnerable?
If its habitat and/or population is found to be declining and a) it is still believed to occur at fewer than ten localities, or b) its population is considered to be severely fragmented, it is likely to qualify for uplisting to Vulnerable under criterion B1a+b(iii,v). Ridgely and Greenfield (2001) imply that the population may be decreasing due to habitat loss. Continue reading