- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Chuck-will’s-widow
Currently listed as Least Concern (BirdLife International 2018), Chuck-will’s-widow (Antrostomus carolinensis) is a migratory species of the Americas. It breeds in south-east Canada and eastern U.S.A. preferring wooded (particularly deciduous and mixed) habitats, although it will venture in suburban areas, … Continue reading