- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Caribbean Coot
Archived 2014 discussion: American Coot (Fulica americana) and Caribbean Coot (F. caribaea) are being lumped as F. americana: list the newly defined species as Least Concern?
American Coot Fulica americana and Caribbean Coot F. caribaea are being lumped as F. americana, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and study of published information (Robertson and Baptista 1988, McNair and Cramer-Burke 2006, Sibley 2011). Continue reading