- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Cameroon
BirdLife species factsheet for Monteiro’s Bush-shrike Monteiro’s Bush-shrike (Malaconotus monteiri) is known from a small number of records from a few sites in Angola and Cameroon. In Angola, recent surveys found it to be relatively rare (Cáceres et al. 2015), … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Senegal Parrot: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/senegal-parrot-poicephalus-senegalus Senegal Parrot (Poicephalus senegalus) is found in the savanna woodland belt of West Africa from Senegal across to northern Cameroon, southern Chad and Central African Republic. While it may occur in a variety … Continue reading
A rare and poorly known species, Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi) is currently listed as Near Threatened (see BirdLife International 2018). It is known only from scattered locations from Sierra Leone, Liberia, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana (where it could now be extirpated), … Continue reading
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species as part of the 2017 Red List update this … Continue reading