- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Calayan Rail
This discussion was first published as part of the 2013 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2015. BirdLife species factsheet for Calayan Rail Calayan Rail Gallirallus calayanensis is restricted to Calayan island in the Babuyan … Continue reading
Calayan Rail Gallirallus calayanensis is currently listed as Vulnerable, but any evidence of a continuing decline either in its EOO, Area of Occupancy, area, extent or quality of habitat or number of mature individuals will warrant uplisting of the species. Information is requested on the rate of habitat loss, prevalence of other threats and the species’s likely population trend. Continue reading