- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Blue Chaffinch
Archived 2016 topics: Blue Chaffinch (Fringilla teydea) is being split: list F. teydea as Near Threatened and F. polatzeki as Critically Endangered or Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading
Blue Chaffinch Fringilla teydea is currently listed as Near Threatened, however an increase in the species’s range on Tenerife strongly suggests that its overall population size has also increased. Notwithstanding the precarious state of the Gran Canaria subspecies, this suggests that the global status of the species ought to be revised to Least Concern. Continue reading