- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Black-browed Albatross
Black-browed Albatross, Thalassarche melanophris, ranges from subtropical to polar waters in the southern hemisphere (ACAP 2009). It breeds on islands throughout its circumpolar distribution, with breeding occurring on the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), multiple islands to Chile, South Georgia (Georgias … Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Black-browed Albatross (Thalassarche melanophrys): downlist to Near Threatened?
BirdLife Species Factsheet for Black-browed Albatross Black-browed Albatross Thalassarche melanophrys is currently listed as Endangered under criterion A4bd on the basis of a projected ongoing population decline of more than 50% over three generations (65 years). Around 70% of the … Continue reading