- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Black-browed Albatross
Black-browed Albatross, Thalassarche melanophris, ranges from subtropical to polar waters in the southern hemisphere (ACAP 2009). It breeds on islands throughout its circumpolar distribution, with breeding occurring on the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), multiple islands to Chile, South Georgia (Georgias … Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Black-browed Albatross (Thalassarche melanophrys): downlist to Near Threatened?
BirdLife Species Factsheet for Black-browed Albatross Black-browed Albatross Thalassarche melanophrys is currently listed as Endangered under criterion A4bd on the basis of a projected ongoing population decline of more than 50% over three generations (65 years). Around 70% of the … Continue reading