- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Black-bellied Tern
Black-bellied Tern Sterna acuticauda is listed as Near Threatened on the basis that it is inferred to be undergoing a continued decline of 20-29% over three generations, however the widespread declines and ongoing threats raise the question of whether the currently inferred rate of global population decline is correct. If the available evidence were to suggest an overall decline of at least 30% over 27 years, the species could be eligible for uplisting under the A criterion. Continue reading