- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Bearded Screech-owl
Bearded Screech-owl Megascops barbarus is listed as Near Threatened on the basis that it occupies a moderately small range, which is suspected to be in decline owing to the loss and degradation of its habitat. Its revised Extent of Occurrence does not approach the threshold for Vulnerable, and up-to-date information is requested on this species’s likely population size, current rate of population decline over 21 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats, in order to help assess its status. Continue reading