- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Bearded Screech-owl
Bearded Screech-owl Megascops barbarus is listed as Near Threatened on the basis that it occupies a moderately small range, which is suspected to be in decline owing to the loss and degradation of its habitat. Its revised Extent of Occurrence does not approach the threshold for Vulnerable, and up-to-date information is requested on this species’s likely population size, current rate of population decline over 21 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats, in order to help assess its status. Continue reading