- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Bearded Helmetcrest
Archived 2014 discussion: Bearded Helmetcrest (Oxypogon guerinii) is being split: list both O. cyanolaemus and O. stuebelii as Vulnerable and both O. guerinii and O. lindenii as Near Threatened?
Bearded Helmetcrest Oxypogon guerinii is being split into O. guerinii, O. cyanolaemus, O. lindenii and O. struebelii, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading