- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Baird’s Trogon
Baird’s Trogon Trogon bairdii is listed as Near Threatened because, although it has a small range within which deforestation is suspected to be causing an ongoing population decline, its population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations. Up-to-date information is requested to assist in the assessment of this species’s threat status, particularly the level of habitat fragmentation within its range, including the percentage of suitable habitat that exists in patches too small to support viable populations. Continue reading