- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Baird’s Trogon
Baird’s Trogon Trogon bairdii is listed as Near Threatened because, although it has a small range within which deforestation is suspected to be causing an ongoing population decline, its population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations. Up-to-date information is requested to assist in the assessment of this species’s threat status, particularly the level of habitat fragmentation within its range, including the percentage of suitable habitat that exists in patches too small to support viable populations. Continue reading