- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Bahamas
Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris) is a migratory songbird that breeds in southern and eastern U.S.A. and northern Mexico, overwintering from central Mexico south through Central America, as well as in southern Florida (U.S.A.) and parts of the Caribbean (see Brewer … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Bahama Nuthatch Bahama Nuthatch (Sitta insularis) is endemic to the Bahamas, where it is found only on one island, Grand Bahama Island (del Hoyo et al. 2018). It is a forest species with a very small … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Brown-headed Nuthatch (Sitta pusilla) is being split: list S. pusilla as Least Concern and S. insularis as Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading