- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Bahamas
BirdLife species factsheet for Bahama Warbler This discussion was first published as part of the 2019 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding the status of this species was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for West Indian Whistling-duck West Indian Whistling-duck (Dendrocygna arborea) occurs in the Caribbean. It is found in the Bahamas, on Turks and Caicos, as well as on the Greater Antilles and Lesser Antilles south to Guadeloupe. The … Continue reading
Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris) is a migratory songbird that breeds in southern and eastern U.S.A. and northern Mexico, overwintering from central Mexico south through Central America, as well as in southern Florida (U.S.A.) and parts of the Caribbean (see Brewer … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Bahama Nuthatch Bahama Nuthatch (Sitta insularis) is endemic to the Bahamas, where it is found only on one island, Grand Bahama Island (del Hoyo et al. 2018). It is a forest species with a very small … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Brown-headed Nuthatch (Sitta pusilla) is being split: list S. pusilla as Least Concern and S. insularis as Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading