- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018Gbessay Sannoh and Bockerie Sama are standing in a shady rainforest amongst the whooping sounds of hornbills and leafy cocoa trees. They’re at the edge of the Gola Rainforest in Sierra Leone, where for generations thousands of cocoa trees have been grown by their people – the Goleagorbu, small-scale farmers. While chatting and joking they […]
- The Comeback Kids: five birds brought back from the brink May 21, 2018People often underestimate nature’s power to bounce back. Give it half a chance, and habitats will start to regrow, populations recover. There’s no denying that humans create huge challenges – but with enough support, dedication and resources, we can also reverse them. And the minute we do, nature is there in the wings, waiting to […]
- BirdLife wins big at Natura 2000 Awards 2018 May 18, 2018Five BirdLife partners scooped up awards for project work to protect Europe’s precious natural heritage at the annual Natura 2000 Awards ceremony in Brussels last night. In the April edition of our monthly newsletter from Europe & Central Asia, we proudly reported that BirdLife national partners had swept up nearly a third of the nominations […]
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018
Tag Archives: Bahamas
Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris) is a migratory songbird that breeds in southern and eastern U.S.A. and northern Mexico, overwintering from central Mexico south through Central America, as well as in southern Florida (U.S.A.) and parts of the Caribbean (see Brewer … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Bahama Nuthatch Bahama Nuthatch (Sitta insularis) is endemic to the Bahamas, where it is found only on one island, Grand Bahama Island (del Hoyo et al. 2018). It is a forest species with a very small … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Brown-headed Nuthatch (Sitta pusilla) is being split: list S. pusilla as Least Concern and S. insularis as Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading