- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Bahama Warbler
BirdLife species factsheet for Bahama Warbler This discussion was first published as part of the 2019 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding the status of this species was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species … Continue reading
Bahama Warbler Dendroica flavescens has been split from Yellow-throated Warbler D. dominica following an assessment of its taxonomic status, including analyses of the morphology, vocalisations and genetics of D.(dominica) flavescens and continental D. dominica (McKay et al. 2010) and a subsequent decision by the American Ornithologists’ Union (AOU 2011). Based on current information the species would probably qualify as Near Threatened on the basis that it appears to nearly meet the thresholds for Vulnerable under criteria B1a+b(iii), and probably also criterion C2a(i). However, further information is requested. Continue reading