- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Asian Desert Sparrow
Asian Desert Sparrow Passer zarudnyi has been split from Desert Sparrow P. simplex. Data are lacking on this species’s distribution and population size, and little is known about potential threats. In addition, data are required on the species’s population trend, which is difficult to judge owing to its apparently nomadic movements and the possibility that the species has always been rare. Further information on the species would be welcomed. Continue reading