- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Ashy Antwren
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bolivian Recurvebill (Simoxenops striatus) and Ashy Antwren (Myrmotherula grisea): downlist both to Least Concern?
Information published by Herzog et al. (2008) indicates that both species are known from more than 10 locations. Remapping of their ranges with reference to the data presented by Herzog et al. (2008) has resulted in new estimates for their EOOs of over 80,000 km2. This, coupled with their occurrence at more than 10 locations, suspected slow rates of population decline and presence of large areas of intact primary forest within their respective ranges, suggests that they should be downlisted to Least Concern. Continue reading