- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Ashy Antwren
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Bolivian Recurvebill (Simoxenops striatus) and Ashy Antwren (Myrmotherula grisea): downlist both to Least Concern?
Information published by Herzog et al. (2008) indicates that both species are known from more than 10 locations. Remapping of their ranges with reference to the data presented by Herzog et al. (2008) has resulted in new estimates for their EOOs of over 80,000 km2. This, coupled with their occurrence at more than 10 locations, suspected slow rates of population decline and presence of large areas of intact primary forest within their respective ranges, suggests that they should be downlisted to Least Concern. Continue reading