- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Andaman Bulbul
Archived 2017 topics: A review of the status of endemic/near-endemic birds of the Andaman Islands currently listed as Near Threatened
Background to this topic The Andaman Islands are a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal in the Indian Ocean. The main vegetation type on the islands is tropical evergreen forest, with some grasslands in inland regions and mangroves … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Black-headed Bulbul (Pycnonotus atriceps) is being moved to genus Brachypodius and is being split: list B. atriceps as Least Concern and B. fuscoflavescens as Near Threatened?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading