- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Amazonian Parrotlet
Amazonian Parrotlet Nannopsittaca dachilleae is listed as Near Threatened under criterion C2a(ii), because its population was suspected to number c.10,000 mature individuals, and was suspected to be in decline. The species’s Extent of Occurrence is estimated at 134,000 km2, raising the question of whether the current population estimate is correct. Continue reading