- Africa (212)
- Americas (377)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (321)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (149)
- Species Group (239)
- Taxonomy (165)
Five most recent topics
- Reclassification of species listed as CR, CR (PE), EW and EX following Butchart et al. (2018)
- Schoutedden’s Swift (Schoutedenapus schoutedeni): no longer a valid taxon.
- Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri): request for information.
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Amazilia alfaroana
Archived 2017 topics: Amazilia alfaroana is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: list as Critically Endangered?
Amazilia alfaroana was first collected in 1895 on the Volcán de Miravalles, in the Cordillera de Guanacaste, north-west Costa Rica (Underwood 1896), and to this day this remains the only known record of this species. In del Hoyo and Collar … Continue reading