- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: African Scops-owl
Archived 2014 discussion: African Scops-owl (Otus senegalensis) is being split: list O. feae as Endangered and O. socotranus as Vulnerable?
African Scops-owl Otus senegalensis is being split into O. senegalensis, O. pamelae, O. socotranus and O. feae, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and consideration of recent evidence (Pons et al. 2013). Continue reading