- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Adelie Penguin
Archived 2016 topics: Adélie Penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
BirdLife species factsheet for Adélie Penguin: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22697758 The Adélie Penguin Pygoscelis adeliae is found along much of the Antarctic coastline where it breeds on ice-free land including at some of the nearby islands. Individuals are dispersive, moving towards areas of … Continue reading
Archived 2011-2012 topics: The effects of projected climate change on the Southern Ocean and Antarctic environment: uplist Emperor Penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri) to Vulnerable and Adelie Penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae) to Near Threatened?
In a recent paper by Ainley et al. (2010), Emperor Penguin Aptenodytes forsteri and Adelie Penguin Pygoscelis adeliae are predicted to decline in the northern part of their respective ranges during the next 15-42 years owing to projected changes in sea ice and precipitation. Continue reading