Text describing how to follow discussions.
- Africa (197)
- Americas (353)
- Archive (849)
- Asia (315)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (88)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (143)
- Species Group (230)
- Taxonomy (161)
Five most recent topics
- White-fronted Tern (Sterna striata): revise global status?
- Grey-breasted Babbler (Malacopteron albogulare): request for information.
- Further analyses of data from Tracewski et al., with respect to criterion B2
- Coral-billed Ground-cuckoo (Carpococcyx renauldi): revise global status?
- Green Peafowl (Pavo muticus) – revise global status?
- 7 birds you won’t believe are threatened with extinction April 24, 2018It’s not just elusive species on remote, far-flung islands. These are birds that you may have come across countless times in your day-to-day life, or birds whose image is so famous and iconic it’s hard to believe their numbers are dwindling in the wild. But the findings of the recently-released State of the World’s Birds […]
- Meet the man with the record for most bird species seen in a year April 24, 2018Interview: Arjan Dwarshuis owns the world record for the number of bird species spotted in a single year. And he is doing it to raise money for BirdLife.
- Even familiar birds at risk of extinction, new study finds April 23, 2018A number of well-known bird species are now at risk of extinction. This is the chief conclusion of State of the World’s Birds 2018, a new report from BirdLife International which looks at the health of bird populations worldwide. Instantly recognisable and beloved bird species including Snowy Owl Bubo scandiacus, Atlantic Puffin Fratercula arctica, and […]
- 7 birds you won’t believe are threatened with extinction April 24, 2018