- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: White-backed Vulture
Archived 2011-2012 topics: White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus) and Rueppell’s Vulture (Gyps rueppelli): request for information
Assessing overall population trends in such widespread and mobile species is inherently problematic, and such species may also be prone to natural fluctuations in abundance. However, it remains necessary to evaluate whether the current listing of Near Threatened for G. africanus and G. rueppelli is likely to be correct. Continue reading