- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: Venezuelan Wood-quail
Venezuelan Wood-quail Odontophorus columbianus is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,iv) because, although it has an Extent of Occurrence estimated at 9,400 km2, within which it is suspected to be declining owing to habitat loss and hunting pressure, the population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations. Up-to-date information is requested on this species’s population, the likely rate of decline over 12 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats.