- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Bird Your World: 12 simple actions that make life better for birds May 24, 20181. Fill your garden (or balcony) with native plants By planting flowers and shrubs that are native to your country, you’re catering for native birds, while avoiding any problems with invasive species. Variety is key. Not only will birds feed on the plants themselves, but the more kinds of plant you introduce, the more species […]
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018Gbessay Sannoh and Bockerie Sama are standing in a shady rainforest amongst the whooping sounds of hornbills and leafy cocoa trees. They’re at the edge of the Gola Rainforest in Sierra Leone, where for generations thousands of cocoa trees have been grown by their people – the Goleagorbu, small-scale farmers. While chatting and joking they […]
- The Comeback Kids: five birds brought back from the brink May 21, 2018People often underestimate nature’s power to bounce back. Give it half a chance, and habitats will start to regrow, populations recover. There’s no denying that humans create huge challenges – but with enough support, dedication and resources, we can also reverse them. And the minute we do, nature is there in the wings, waiting to […]
- Bird Your World: 12 simple actions that make life better for birds May 24, 2018
Tag Archives: Sumatran Leafbird
While historically recognised as a threat to species, the cage bird trade, and in particular the Indonesian songbird trade has been receiving more attention as a key driver behind species declines in Asia (see Chng et al. 2015, Eaton et al. 2015, Harris et al. 2015, … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Sumatran Leafbird (Chloropsis media): uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
Following the recognition of Sumatran Leafbird as a species in 2006, the species was assessed as being of Least Concern, on the basis that it did not approach any of the thresholds for Vulnerable. This restricted range Sumatran endemic species … Continue reading