- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Kulan roam the steppes of central Kazakhstan once again May 14, 2018The latest update from ACBK/BirdLife Kazakhstan on its project to reintroduce a small herd of Turkmenian kulan to central Kazakhstan, long after the wild ass species disappeared from the region. At the end of last year, Danara Zharbolova from our Kazakh partner ACBK recounted the promising first steps in an exciting project to establish a […]
- Many voices, one song: children across Africa sing for migratory birds May 11, 2018This year, to celebrate World Migratory Bird Day, we wanted to do something really special. So we asked schools and BirdLife Partners across the African continent to send in videos of them singing songs about the wonders of bird migration. The results blew us away. The videos were amazing – and all but one were […]
- Great White Pelican discovery in Turkey May 9, 2018A major stopover site of Europe’s Great White Pelicans has recently been discovered in Turkey. A count conducted by our Turkish partner Doğa Derneği showed that more than 15,000 pelicans stop off at the Karacabey Floodplain to roost and feed during their spring migration. The Sea of Marmara may be the smallest sea in the […]
- Kulan roam the steppes of central Kazakhstan once again May 14, 2018
Tag Archives: Saltmarsh Sparrow
BirdLife Species factsheet for Saltmarsh Sparrow: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/saltmarsh-sparrow-ammospiza-caudacuta Saltmarsh Sparrow, Ammospiza caudacuta (formerly Ammodramus caudacutus), is endemic to the Atlantic coast of U.S.A. During the breeding season it is generally found from Maine south to the Delmarva Peninsula, but shifts … Continue reading