- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Spain's traditional saltpans: an unlikely bird haven May 17, 2018Rays of sunlight break through a cloud of dark orange dust as the trundling van’s door slides open. It doesn’t feel right to be driving along in an enclosed box, and despite the dust, the warm air is a welcome link with the outside. And what a sight: pink hues in the lagoon’s water, rustling […]
- Scientists brave white-water rapids in search of Critically Endangered wren May 16, 2018With stark cliff walls over 1,600 meters high, the Chicamocha canyon is the deepest in Colombia. Unfortunately for biologists, its difficult terrain houses a number of endemic species. It was in order to confirm the presence of one of these species – Nicéforo’s Wren Thryophilus nicefori – that four biologists from Calidris (BirdLife in Colombia) […]
- Tread softly: new guide for businesses working in important ecosystems May 14, 2018Most businesses want to minimise their impact on the natural world – but it can be hard to know where to start. Luckily, the process has just got a whole lot easier with the release of a new roadmap for companies operating in some of the most biologically significant places on the planet. The report, […]
- Spain's traditional saltpans: an unlikely bird haven May 17, 2018
Tag Archives: penguins
Archived 2016 topics: Adélie Penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
BirdLife species factsheet for Adélie Penguin: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22697758 The Adélie Penguin Pygoscelis adeliae is found along much of the Antarctic coastline where it breeds on ice-free land including at some of the nearby islands. Individuals are dispersive, moving towards areas of … Continue reading