- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Painted Parakeet
Archived 2014 discussion: Painted Parakeet (Pyrrhura picta) is being split: list P. subandina and P. caeruliceps as Critically Endangered, P. eisenmanni as Endangered, and other species as indicated by projected rates of forest loss in Amazonia?
Painted Parakeet Pyrrhura picta is being split into P. picta, P. snethlageae, P. parvifrons, P. amazonum, P. lucianii, P. roseifrons, P. peruviana, P. subandina, P. caeruleiceps and P. eisenmanni, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading