- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Leach’s Storm-petrel
Following a taxonomic reassessment, Leach’s Storm-petrel (Hydrobates leucorhous) has been split on the HBW/BirdLife International checklist into H. leucorhous, H. socorroensis and H. cheimomnestes. When treated as subspecies, H. l. socorroensis was referred to as Townsend’s Storm-petrel, and H. l. … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Leach’s Storm-petrel (Hydrobates leucorhous): uplist from Least Concern to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Leach’s storm-petrel: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22698511 The Leach’s storm-petrel has an extensive global range and breeding colonies are confined to the northern hemisphere, from the South Kuril Islands (Japan) round to Baja California (Mexico) including the Aleutian Islands, Alaska … Continue reading