- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: King Rail
Archived 2014 discussion: King Rail (Rallus elegans) is being split: request for information on R. elegans and R. tenuirostris.
King Rail Rallus elegans is being split into R. elegans and R. tenuirostris, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010) and consultation of genetic evidence (Maley and Brumfield 2013). Continue reading