- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Kazakhstan
This enigmatic reed-warbler (BirdLife Species Factsheet) has confused many since the initial specimen was collected in 1867 in Himachal Pradesh. To date it has been considered that there is too little information to conduct a robust assessment of the threat … Continue reading
Relict Gull, Larus relictus, is a migratory gull, breeding at localities in Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia and China (e.g. Rubini and Berezovikov 2002, He Fen-qi and Ren Yong-qui 2006). Breeding sites are found in the arid-steppe zone on islands in saline … Continue reading