- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Kaempfer’s Woodpecker
Archived 2018 topic: Kaempfer’s Woodpecker (Celeus obrieni): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of the species as part of the 2018 Red List update this … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Kaempfer’s Woodpecker (Celeus obrieni): request for information on its population size
Kaempfer’s Woodpecker Celeus obrieni is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criterion C2a(ii), because it was suspected to have a population numbering fewer than 250 mature individuals, undergoing a continued decline owing to habitat loss and degradation, with at least 90% of mature individuals in one sub-population. The species’s scarcity within its range indicates that it exists at low densities, but its new EOO suggests that the species’s population is likely to number more than 250 mature individuals.