- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Hawaii
Hawaiian Petrel (Pterodroma sandwichensis) is known only to breed on the Hawaiian islands of Hawai`i, Lana`i, Moloka`i, Kaua`i and Maui, and it ranges through the central Pacific. Analysis by Spear et al. (1995) gave a best estimate for the population … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Akepa (Loxops coccineus) is being split: list L. ochraceus as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct) and L. wolstenholmei as Extinct?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading