- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Guam Rail
The ko’ko’/Guam rail (Hypotaenidia owstoni), a species endemic to Guam, is currently considered Extinct in the Wild due to the introduction of the invasive brown treesnake, Boiga irregularis. Prior to extinction in the wild, 22 individuals were brought into captivity … Continue reading