- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: French Southern Territories
Archived 2018 topic: Amsterdam Albatross (Diomedea amsterdamensis): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of the species as part of the 2018 Red List update this … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Salvin’s Prion (Pachyptila salvini) is being split: list P. salvini as Least Concern and P. macgillivrayi as Endangered?
BirdLife International now recognises the split of Pachyptila salvini into P. salvini and P. macgillivrayi. Prior to this taxonomic change, Salvin’s Prion Pachyptila salvini (http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/speciesfactsheet.php?id=3915) was listed as Least Concern, on the basis that it has a very large range, … Continue reading