- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Tread softly: new guide for businesses working in important ecosystems May 14, 2018Most businesses want to minimise their impact on the natural world – but it can be hard to know where to start. Luckily, the process has just got a whole lot easier with the release of a new roadmap for companies operating in some of the most biologically significant places on the planet. The report, […]
- Conservationists gather in Middle East to protect migratory birds May 14, 2018“A Summit for the Flyways” united 100 different organisations from 70 different countries to address one problem: how to protect migratory birds on their incredible journey. And with millions of migratory birds passing through the Middle East, it was the perfect opportunity to tackle regional issues, too. BirdLife took advantage of the fact that conservation […]
- Kulan roam the steppes of central Kazakhstan once again May 14, 2018The latest update from ACBK/BirdLife Kazakhstan on its project to reintroduce a small herd of Turkmenian kulan to central Kazakhstan, long after the wild ass species disappeared from the region. At the end of last year, Danara Zharbolova from our Kazakh partner ACBK recounted the promising first steps in an exciting project to establish a […]
- Tread softly: new guide for businesses working in important ecosystems May 14, 2018
Tag Archives: European Roller
Archived 2015 topics: European Roller (Coracias garrulus) – downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
European Roller Coracias garrulus breeds in NW Africa, SW, SC, SE and E Europe, and in the Middle East, Arabia and C Asia to SW Siberia, wintering in sub-Saharan Africa (Fry et al. 2014). It is currently listed as Near … Continue reading