- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Cuba
Currently listed as Least Concern (BirdLife International 2018), Eastern Whip-poor-will (Antrostomus vociferus) breeds in southern central and eastern Canada, and east-central and eastern U.S.A., wintering in south-east U.S.A., Mexico and into Central America. The species favours open forest and woodland … Continue reading
Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris) is a migratory songbird that breeds in southern and eastern U.S.A. and northern Mexico, overwintering from central Mexico south through Central America, as well as in southern Florida (U.S.A.) and parts of the Caribbean (see Brewer … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Cuban Bullfinch (Melopyrrha nigra) is being moved to genus Pyrrhulagra and split: request for information.
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading