- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Chile
Westland Petrel, Procellaria westlandica, is known only to breed in the densely forested coastal foothills of Punakaiki, South Island, New Zealand (Best and Owen 1976, ACAP 2012). The most recent estimate of population size is 2,954-5,137 annual breeding pairs (Wood … Continue reading
Antipodean Albatross, Diomedea antipodensis, is a breeding endemic of New Zealand. It is known to breed on only a very limited number of islands; Antipodes Island, the Auckland Islands (Adams, Auckland and Disappointment), Campbell Island and Pitt Island (one pair … Continue reading