- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Antarctica
Archived 2016 topics: Gentoo Penguin (Pygoscelis papua): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
BirdLife species factsheet for Gentoo Penguin: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22697755 The Gentoo Penguin Pygoscelis papua has a circumpolar breeding distribution that ranges in latitude from the Fish Islands on the Antarctic Peninsula (66°01’S) (Fraser unpublished) to the Crozet Islands (46°00’S) (Lynch 2013). The … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Adélie Penguin (Pygoscelis adeliae): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
BirdLife species factsheet for Adélie Penguin: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22697758 The Adélie Penguin Pygoscelis adeliae is found along much of the Antarctic coastline where it breeds on ice-free land including at some of the nearby islands. Individuals are dispersive, moving towards areas of … Continue reading