- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Andaman Bulbul
Archived 2017 topics: A review of the status of endemic/near-endemic birds of the Andaman Islands currently listed as Near Threatened
Background to this topic The Andaman Islands are a group of islands in the Bay of Bengal in the Indian Ocean. The main vegetation type on the islands is tropical evergreen forest, with some grasslands in inland regions and mangroves … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Black-headed Bulbul (Pycnonotus atriceps) is being moved to genus Brachypodius and is being split: list B. atriceps as Least Concern and B. fuscoflavescens as Near Threatened?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading