- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Amazilia alfaroana
Archived 2017 topics: Amazilia alfaroana is to be recognised as a species by BirdLife: list as Critically Endangered?
Amazilia alfaroana was first collected in 1895 on the Volcán de Miravalles, in the Cordillera de Guanacaste, north-west Costa Rica (Underwood 1896), and to this day this remains the only known record of this species. In del Hoyo and Collar … Continue reading